Institution Students have several options for video services. Traditional Cable TV services are available for purchase through Cox Communications. We also recommend several other online services that offer increased flexibility and channel options at very affordable rates. There are also nearly 30 TV stations within 25 miles of campus that offer HD programming over the air. (simple antenna required for best reception) These include local affiliates for ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, and others.
NOTE: Students living in Tealridge will continue to have cable TV service without additional cost.
Cox Cable Options
Students can subscribe individually to Cox services in their room or apartment.
- Advance TV Economy for 1 TV – $40.49 per month plus taxes and fees (additional receivers are $8.50 a month)
- Cox TV Essentials for 1 TV – $79.98 per month + taxes and fees (additional mini boxes $2.99 per TV per month)
- Cox Contour TV for 1 TV – $88.49 per month with 1 receiver + taxes and fees (additional receiver $8.50 per month or additional mini box at $2.99)
NOTE: Students are responsible for the subscription and any equipment provided by Cox. If students need to change rooms or terminate service they will need to contact Cox directly.
Contact Information to request, change, or terminate service:
- (405) 600-8282
Many other options are available for streaming TV services. We’ve included some options below for your consideration.
Sling TV offers online streaming of TV networks in real time.
- Service starts at $20 per month.
- Options include access to host of cable networks including ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2 and Fox Sports Regional
PlayStation™Vue is a TV service that streams live TV, movies, and sports on a variety of your favorite devices without a cable or satellite subscription.
- Service starts at $30 per month.
- Options include access to host of cable networks including ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2 and Fox Sports Regional.
Several other services offer streaming services of television shows and movies. These services are on-demand services (instead of real time streaming).