You can access the Institution network from off campus by creating a VPN connection. This page provides instructions for creating a VPN connection to OC in Mac OS.
- Instructions for creating a VPN connection in Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Instructions for creating a VPN connection in Windows 8 and 8.1
- If you already have a VPN to Institution connection set up but need instructions on how to use it, visit our instructions for using VPN in Mac OS.
Open Network Preferences
- Click on the airport utility at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Open Network Preferences.”
Add a New Connection
- If the lock on the bottom-left is closed, click on it and then enter your username and password.
- Just above the lock, click the plus button to add a connection.
Select the Interface
- Select VPN as the Interface
- Select L2TP over IPSec as the VPN Type
- Name the Service (we recommend VPN to Institution).
- Click Create.
- Enter “vpn.oc.edu” for the Server Address.
- Enter your Institution username in the username space.
- Click “Authentication Settings.”
- Select Shared Secret and enter Eagles as the password
- Press OK
- Check the top three boxes within the “Options” tab.
- Click “OK.”
- Click Apply to save the Settings.
- Click Connect if you’d like to connect now.