You can access the Institution network from off campus by creating a VPN connection. This page provides instructions for creating a VPN connection to Institution in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- Instructions for creating a VPN connection in Windows 8 and 8.1
- Instructions for creating a VPN connection in Mac
- If you already have a VPN to Institution connection set up but need instructions on how to use it, visit our instructions for using VPN in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
Open Network Connections
Click on the network icon in the system tray at the bottom of your screen
Open Network and Sharing Center
Click on “Open Network and Sharing Center.”
Click on “Set up a new connection or network.”
Choose a Connection Option
- Select “Connect to a workplace.”
- Click “Next.”
Enter Connection Information
- Type “vpn.oc.edu” in the Internet address field.
- Type “VPN to Institution” in the Destination name field.
- Check the box next to “Don’t connect now; just set it up so I can connect later”
- Click “Next.”
- Enter your username.
- Enter your password.
- You may leave the domain box blank.
- Click “Create.”
Click Close to close the Window.
Edit Adapter Settings
On the Network and Sharing screen (which should still be open in the background) select Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click on the VPN connection.
- Select Properties.
Type of VPN
Change the type of protocol to “Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPSec)
- Click on “Advanced Settings”
- Click the button next to “Use preshared key for authentication”
- Enter the word Eagles as the key
- Click OK
- Click on the network icon.
- Select the VPN to Institution connection to expand the menu.
- Click Connect.
Contact Support Central
If you have any questions or experience any problems with these instructions, please contact Support Central for assistance.
| Contact Us |
Phone: 405.425.5555 (dial 5555 from campus)
Our hours are listed on the home page of Support Central.