Windows and Mac updates are actually good for your computer. Whenever Windows or Mac develops a new update, our campus servers deliver the update to your computer. This will happen as long as you are connected to the internet. These updates include security fixes and other changes that help Windows and Mac continue to operate smoothly. With many new virus threats appearing on a daily basis, the developers of the Windows and Mac operating systems are always producing updates to ensure the security of your data.
- If, after completing the steps below, your Mac OS updates are not installing, please visit our instructions for fixing the problem.
Open “Windows Update” Program
- Click on the windows symbol to reveal the start menu.
- Type “Windows Update” into the search box.
- Select “Windows Update” under “Programs.”
Click on “Check for Updates” in the Panel on the Left
Click “Install updates” to Install Any Available Updates
Depending on how many updates you need, installation may take up to a few hours. You may have to restart your computer when the updates are finished in order to complete the installation.
Open “Software Update”
- Click the Apple icon in the menu bar at the top-left corner of the screen to reveal a drop-down menu.
- From the menu, select “Software Update…”
The computer will then check online for any new updates that are available.
Click “Install” to Install Any Available Updates
If the update requires a restart, the button may say “Install and restart.”
- Enter your username.
- Enter your password.
Wait for Updates to Install
Click “OK” to Finish